DirectX 11 3D rendering engine for WPF and WinForms
Ab3d.DXEngine is a blazing fast 3D rendering engine that uses DirectX 11 and SharpDX and can be used in .Net Desktop applications.
The engine is written in managed C# and in HLSL (for DirectX shaders). Ab3d.DXEngine is very easy to use. You can use WPF 3D objects to define the 3D scene, cameras and lights.
What is more, you can use the Ab3d.PowerToys library and that gives you great tools and utilities for WPF 3D graphics and allows you to easily create CAD like or other business applications that require 3D graphics.
The rendered 3D scene can be fully composed with existing WPF objects that can be added on top of 3D scene of below the scene. The engine can be also used in WinForms applications.
Main Ab3d.DXEngine features:
- DirectX 11 based rendering engine with full hardware rendering support.
- Render millions of triangles with using instancing, smart optimizations and other techniques to get extreme GPU performance.
- Render millions of hardware accelerated 3D lines (with custom thickness, line color and line pattern).
- Super-fast per pixel lighting and super-sampling for improved visual quality.
- Support standard and PBR (Physically Based Rendering) materials.
- Many post processing effects.
- The most versatile 3D engine - the same application can run on systems from high end graphics card (full hardware acceleration) to computers without graphics card (DirectX 11 software rendering). The same application can also run on an old computers with operating systems that do not support DirectX 11 (using WPF 3D rendering).
- Fully managed code that works with AnyCpu (x86 or x64) build targets.
- Highly customizable: use custom shaders, rendering techniques, mesh data, etc.
- Support for virtual reality with split-screen and anglyph rendering.
- Full Oculus Rift support is provided with Ab3d.OculusWrap library and DXEngine providers.
- Use new engine with just a few changes of the existing WPF 3D code. The engine fully supports Ab3d.PowerToys and Abd3.Reader3ds libraries.
- Great customer support by forum or email.
Ab3d.DXEngine is not another game engine (like Unity) that forces you to use its game editor, its architecture and requires many hacks and tricks to
be used in a standard .Net application.
The Ab3d.DXEngine is a new rendering engine that is built from ground up with the purpose to be used in standard Desktop .Net applications.
See also an overview of our 3D products.
Try for free now
Versions history information
To see the development history of Ab3d.DXEngine, check out: